The mission of this blog is to bring attention to the hate against the LGBTQA community. If anyone needs any advice or help about how to deal with hate that either you or a friend is receiving, we will be here to give what help we can. "We Are The Retaliation To End Discrimination" Join in helping to end LGBTQA hate!
Above is a photo I just saw going around Facebook. As soon as I saw it, I felt disgusted and knew I had to share my opinions on it. I don’t plan on writing a novel or getting too deep into this, I just want to point out a few things:
1. Chick-fil-a donates large sums of money to anti-gay groups. This money is not coming from the personal bank account of the CEO, it’s coming from the company. Why do you think these discriminatory groups need all this money? To do everything they can to stop members of the LGBT community from having the same rights as everyone else based on a fictional book that no two people can interpret the same way (the bible).
2. I think it’s fine that the people of Chick-fil-a have their own views and opinions, but what gives them the right to take away rights of others just because they don’t agree with their lifestyle?
So yeah, let’s all go eat at Chick-fil-a next Wednesday so they can have even more money to donate to groups that are trying to take away people’s rights because bein’ a homo is just wrong praise jesus! (sarcasm)
1. Leviticus 11:7-8 - “The pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chewth cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.”
Offenders: Anyone who enjoys ham, bacon, pepperoni, and all the football players out there. Yes, even you, Little Leaguers.
2. Genesis 38:9-10 - “But Onan Knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his seed on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also”.
Offenders: Anyone who has ever pulled out or “wasted their seed”. So basically anyone who has had oral sex, pulled out, or used a condom.
3. Leviticus 19:28 - “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put a tattoo mark on yourselves. I am the Lord.”
Offenders: Anyone who has a tattoo. Yes, apparently that cross you put on your body to show your love for God is an abomination. Sorry.
4. Leviticus 11:10 - “But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales - whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water - You are to regard as unclean.”
Offenders: Anyone who has ever gone to Red Lobster or just enjoyed a nice dinner.
5. 1 Timothy 2:12 - “I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over man; she must be quiet.”
Offenders: All those ridiculously outspoken grade school teachers. I wonder if my first grade teacher knows that she is doomed. Oh, and those female preachers who are teaching the word of God… those sinners!
The list could go on and on. If we are going to disregard all of these verses, how is it even remotely possible to turn around and quote Leviticus 18:22 (“You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination”) as irrefutable? If we aren’t going to pick and choose which parts of the Bible matter, I expect that anyone who believes that homosexuality is a sin to have never eaten pork, played football, pulled out, participated in oral sex, used a condom, gotten a tattoo, eaten shellfish, or been a female teacher of any kind. Then they can judge. If not, they should just remember “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind and all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself’. There is no commandment greater than these”.
Thank you wise person on Facebook for putting the annoying bible thumper on my news feed in her place.